Your support of MCCT is greatly appreciated!
A 501c3 organization, your donation is tax deductible!
MCCT • P O BOX 1771 • 110 WEST CHURCH ST • LEWISBURG TN 37091 • 931-270-PLAY
DID YOU KNOW?
• It cost nearly $18,000 just to keep the lights and utilities on last year.
• Tickets sales rarely cover more than the cost of each individual production, and the theatre's month-to-month operating costs are sustained ONLY BY YOU, the THEATRE DONORS.
• The costumes, props, materials, decorations, and sets are provided by MCCT - paid for by theatre productions, designed and built by our highly talented community members, and rarely requiring actors to bring their own costumes.
• Unlike many community theatres, the MCCT continues not to charge ANY annual dues, membership, participation, or costume/actors' fees to come out and be a part of our productions, instead relying on strength of ticket sales and our
community donors to carry on.
• The Broadway musicals that we strive to bring to Lewisburg are also the most expensive. In 2014, MCCT's production of Cats alone cost $39,000!
• Last year donations fell by nearly $25,000, almost half the donations the year before.
HELP US KEEP OUR ACT TOGETHER!
Can you believe we've been in The Dixie 25 years already?
We thank you for your continued support. Your generous gifts are the only thing allowing us to continue to operate, and we are incredibly proud to continue to serve our community, county, and Middle Tennessee - not only through MCCT-sponsored theatre productions but also as Lewisburg's premiere venue right on the square, accommodating a wide variety of community events year after year.
We come to you again to humbly ask for support to continue operations for the 2019 season. As we celebrate the 25th anniversary of MCCT's acquistion of the Dixie Theater, we continue to face more of the challenges and rehabilitation costs that come with owning a venue built in 1938.
In addition, this year we are faced with repairing or replacing several pieces of equipment that have effectively aged out, including curtains, costly sound reinforcement gear, and utility lighting. With promising future seasons ahead, we look to ensure our structure can survive the next 25 years, growing and improving, providing local Tennesseans with opportunities for creative outlets as well as the finest homegrown entertainment. Let's do it together!
We don't always make sure our supporters know all the hard work, dedication, and expenses that go into our favorite community theatre productions. WE NEED YOUR HELP to keep improving the level of entertainment provided by the exceptional talent of Middle Tennessee for the exceptional people of Middle Tennessee.